EW Community TV Show Episode Guides and Recaps from EW's Community

'Younger' poll: Should Liza be with Josh or Charles?

In this week’s new episode of Younger, Liza finally told Josh the truth: She’s a 40-year-old mother from New Jersey. It probably wasn’t the best idea to tell him the truth about her age right after they blurted out “I love yous” while tripping on molly. But it finally happened, and from the look on Josh’s face, he is not taking the news well.

I really like Josh; it was a slow-growing love, as I initially found him to be a little too arrogant. But as Liza began to see him as more than just a young boy toy, so did we. He nicely juxtaposes Liza’s personality and has proven to be more than worthy romantic interest for her. However, their relationship is built upon a huge lie. Liza had many opportunities to be truthful with Josh, and she didn’t really need to lie to him about her age in the first place. She made those decisions, and that is going the affect the way their relationship (if they still have one) progresses in the future.

On the other hand, there is Charles. If Liza was able to be herself and act her age, Charles would be perfect for her. He’s smart and kind of dorky, and the scenes they’ve shared together are full of chemistry. There is definitely something building there, and I can’t pretend that I don’t want to know where it could lead. (And I can just imagine the hell Diana would raise if she found out that Liza is after her boss-crush, Charles!)

Clearly, Liza has herself in a major romantic pickle, but it’s a dilemma that the show won’t probably explore until the second season. (Yes, there will be a season two!) After all, with Josh now knowing her secret and the possibility of her boss, Diana, and Kelsey finding out, it looks like it’s going to be an eventful finale next week. Regardless, I am very curious to see which romantic pairing fans of the show like the most.

Should Liza try to work things out with Josh, explore something with Charles, or focus on herself and worry about relationship troubles after she solidifies her career in publishing? Vote in the poll below, and feel free to explain your choice in the comments!

I’ll be back next week to recap Younger‘s first-season finale—which should definitely be interesting, to say the least.

Younger airs Tuesdays at 10/9C on TV Land.