EW Community TV Show Episode Guides and Recaps from EW's Community

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 2.40.04 PM

'Atlanta Exes' recap: Too messy for their own good

Season 1 | Episode 4 | Aired Sept 1, 2014

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 2.35.52 PMLast week ended in a giant explosion of mean-girl drama and a few too many “kill yourselves.” It wasn’t our girl Torrei’s finest moment, but this week finds the ladies looking to mend fences and move forward—mostly.

In the very first scenes, Sheree and Torrei discuss Torrei’s comments to Tameka last week. Torrei doesn’t back down, saying Tameka shouldn’t have brought a knife to a gunfight. I wanted Torrei to be a little sorrier for those comments and not defend herself so vehemently, but apparently she’s still mad. She even tells Sheree she’s still a little upset with her for “letting [Tameka] block her shot.” There is quite a bit of talk of deflection and Tameka’s psychoses, but that gets boring in light of Sheree’s upcoming hot date.

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 2.36.18 PMChristina is such a peacemaker, and she and Monyetta go to Tameka’s to rehash the night as well. Christina can’t understand Tameka and Torrei’s beef, and frankly, I can’t either. Tameka is pretty honest about her feelings about Torrei and spoke to Christina honestly, except for the line, “I don’t care.” Nobody believes that Tameka doesn’t care. When Monyetta arrives, she directly calls Tameka out about the Willie bombshell, without hesitation. I love these ladies because they are so up-front with each other. Christina says outright that Sheree doesn’t seem like the type to sleep with someone’s husband, and Tameka seems like she isn’t too committed to that rumor, so I’ll let her slide for that one. Christina suggests they go away to meet with a mediator and Tameka agrees, and her willingness to work through has me seeing her in a different light.

Christina and Monyetta team up to get Torrei on board for the trip. Torrei balks at first, reluctant to agree, but she eventually relents and agrees to go and work it out. Of course she did—did we really expect it to go any other way? Christina and Monyetta are so cute and happy that they are on  the way to reconciling, I don’t want to break it to them that stuff is probably going to get so much worse before it gets better. They’ve seen reality TV right?

Christina gets serious with Sheree about the Willie/Monica situation, but Sheree is instantly apologetic. Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 2.41.21 PMChristina, ever the diplomat, decides to “avoid sloppy seconds” and do away with all the mess. Christina, in her rock-star braids, feels like its a matter of trust, but Sheree thinks it’s because she’s still in love with CeeLo. These Atlanta exes must all have degrees in psychology, because they are constantly diagnosing each other.

For those of you wanting to know what the exes are hocking, this week reveals Torrei’s product, Skimpy Mixers. What would a housewife show be without some sort of product they want us to buy? She seems like a hustler, and I respect her for that. I like that she’s thinking of her children and showing them how to make money, even if she’s pushing booze.

The ladies set out in their stretch bus to a cabin where they are going to meet with the life coach–mediator. If the silent bus ride is any indication, then this frientervention is going to get super awkward, real quick. Since the ladies get there before the mediator, they are all anxiously awaiting her arrival, in order to ease the tension some, although Torrei claims she doesn’t need a life coach and that she’s past the incident with Tameka. The women are trying hard to act as normally as possible, but it’s such a weird vibe, especially when Torrei uses the no-no phrase, “kill myself” again in reference to Tameka’s side bang. Thank goodness the mediator got there when she did.

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 2.42.36 PMLife coach, Lakara, arrives with an armful of bags and the ladies get right to it. Tameka starts it off, claiming she’s at a disadvantage because of the rumors and tabloids. It starts an honest conversation between the ladies, and nobody is yelling or fighting. Talk turns around to the “kill yourself” comment and Tamkea admits it hit close to home because she has thought about it in the past. Torrei—thank you, Jesus—backs down off the comment and apologizes for hurting her. Sheree denies sleeping with Tameka’s ex before or after they were married, and Tameka claims to believe it, although she didn’t look like she wanted to.  It was a real moment, and the ladies go to bed feeling healed.

The next morning, Torrei is still feeling positive about the frientervention, and she and Sheree think the “good Tameka has been freed,” and plot to get her around more often. They are so high on the good they did, they start to plan another vacation, and it seems like they are a closer bunch. I hope it sticks.

The ladies show up to Torrei’s event to support her new venture, but Christina uses this opportunity to talk toScreen Shot 2014-09-01 at 2.41.43 PM Monica about her past with Willie. When Monica tiptoes around it, Christina asks her if they slept together, and Monica confirms it. Sheree likes to have her hand in all things, so she calls Willie and tells him to come to the event so he can do damage control on the Monica fiasco. Christina is completely weirded out about being “sloppy seconds,” and Willie shows up right on time—to get dumped.

Christina excuses herself to speak to him, and either it is super hot in there or Willie is working very hard to get at her, because he is sweating big time. Christina holds her ground and tells Willie she just wants to be friends. Ouch. He fights for her and tries to convince her, but she’s not having any of it. I think Sheree might be on to something thinking that there is something else going on with Christina. It doesn’t seem like she should have broken up with him, but I wasn’t previously married to CeeLo Green.

What do y’all make of the frientervention? Do you think its going to stick? Was everyone as healed as they claimed to be?

Atlanta Exes airs Mondays at 9/8C on VH1.

Advertisement

Here, EW superfans lead the conversation around TV shows. And there are so many shows to talk about! Our community contributors post and share throughout the week on latest episodes.

Want to join? Click on the links below.

Join Now FAQ

Latest Videos

From Our Partners

TV Recaps