EW Community TV Show Episode Guides and Recaps from EW's Community

mgid-uma-image-mtv.com-9437352

'Finding Carter' react: All I care about is Max and Taylor

Season 1 | Episode 4 | “Now You See Me” | Aired July 22, 2014

Oh, Finding Carter. You had so much potential. You looked as though you might, just maybe, follow in the footsteps of better-than-expected MTV programming like Awkward. and Faking It. But alas, you’ve been pretty-much-exactly-what-was-expected, which just doesn’t roll off the tongue in the same way.

But there is a little light at the end of this angsty, often overwrought, rarely believable drama: Maylor. “Maylor” is what the Internet (or at least Tumblr) is calling the pairing of Max and Taylor (and since the alternative is “Tax,” let’s just roll with it, shall we?). This romantic pairing (and its utter perfection) has been more shocking than any of Carter’s wild-child rebellion or any of the parents’ many (many, many) lies.

Let me paint a little picture for you:

Taylor is the twin sister who was Left Behind after the abduction. She was the baby that wasn’t cute or interesting enough to kidnap—and then she got to spend the rest of her life growing up with a cop mom who was constantly on alert and overprotective on her best days. She isn’t especially pretty or funny or outgoing. She’s smart, but kind of mousy and milquetoast. Taylor is the kind of girl who blends in.

Max is a boy whose parents are hands-off in the biggest way possible. He’s cute, but not hot. He might hang with a tough crowd and smoke and wear leather jackets, but at his core, he’s just a boring goofball who likes talking about the finer points of evolution. This is surprising because, aside from this scientific favorite conversation topic, Max is painfully dim.

Taylor and Max fall in love while making croutons.

I swear. I’d like to say it’s the kind of thing you can’t make up, but it’s fiction, so I guess you can. So I guess it’s not the kind of thing you can’t make up, so much as it’s the kind of thing most people would never bother to make up.

But it totally works. Max and Taylor (MAYLOR!) are blossoming into a genuinely cute couple and the bright spot of Finding Carter. Here are Maylor’s cutest (and simultaneously most mundane) moments.

Maylor sway in awkward silence at a party. 

Maylor help each other’s self-esteem.

Maylor say bye (for now).

And of, course, Maylor make croutons.

Truly, this is what love looks like. It’s so innocent, so pure, so … random, in a sweet kind of way. Thank you, Maylor, for being the thing about this show that has me excited to tune in next week. I’m calling it now: Maylor is OTP. Love (and croutons) will prevail.

What did you think of this week’s Finding Carter? Are you shipping Maylor as much as I am? Sound off in the comments!

Advertisement

Here, EW superfans lead the conversation around TV shows. And there are so many shows to talk about! Our community contributors post and share throughout the week on latest episodes.

Want to join? Click on the links below.

Join Now FAQ

Latest Videos

From Our Partners

TV Recaps