EW Community TV Show Episode Guides and Recaps from EW's Community

mainimage

You think you don't want to watch 'LeAnn & Eddie,' but you do

I know there are a million reasons why you think you won’t enjoy this show, but I can convince you otherwise. Here are the very best reasons to watch Vh1’s LeAnn & Eddie.

It’s awkward, vapid, nonsense—but in the best way possible.

showIsn’t the point of reality TV to provide the viewers with the chance to laugh at its stars? This show delivers on this promise, and then some. They are giving us express permission to point and laugh at them, and an all-access pass to mock their lives. It’s not really a guilty pleasure if it doesn’t makes us feel a little self-conscious about watching it, now is it?

Eddie and LeAnn are giving the best acting performances we’ve ever seen (or probably ever will see).

imgresAlthough this show is billed as a reality show, we are a cynical enough audience to know that it’s really not. That said, Eddie Cibrian and LeAnn Rimes are pretty good at acting like they are a normal couple—except when they are constantly discussing their paparazzi problem or comparing a record contract to a lifelong jail sentence. It’s worth the 30 minutes to see them pretend how normal their regular life is. They’re practically breaking a sweat at the effort. It’s easier to watch them pretend to be themselves than to suffer through their movie, Northern Lights.

Eddie Cibrian was in a boy band, and knowing this has changed the way I see the world.

This is ’90s gold, folks, and I probably would have blocked it out completely if the couple hadn’t reminded me here. His band, 3Deep, was about as cheesy as it can get—complete with rayon shirts unbuttoned to their navels and sideburns to their jaws. Think Saved by the Bell meets Color Me Bad meets David Silver. It was wonderful.

A Twitter war will inevitably start between LeAnn and Brandi Glanville.

article-tweets-0118The couple landed this gig in large part due to the very public feud between themarticle-2329422-19F33F59000005DC-386_634x730 and Eddie’s ex, Brandi Glanville, star of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Both camps haven’t been shy about blasting their business for everyone to read, plastering it all over Twitter for anybody who cares to see. Can you imagine how juicy it will get once these episodes start airing and Brandi has had a glass of wine (or two)? That could be its own reality show.

The B-list actor quotient is going to be pretty high.

Just in the first episode, we see the couple being interviewed by Mario Lopez (speaking of Saved by the Bell) in all his dimpled glory. Also, Eddie still has a moderately successful acting career and was recently in Best Man Holiday. It’s totally worth the time spent to catch LeAnn and Eddie doing a little shameless social climbing—that is, if you don’t embarrass easily.

You can grab a sneak peek of LeAnn and Eddie here before it airs on Thursday. Check it out, and tweet me why you love/hate it. Then, once it airs, we’ll talk all about it—here, on Twitter and everywhere.

Advertisement

Here, EW superfans lead the conversation around TV shows. And there are so many shows to talk about! Our community contributors post and share throughout the week on latest episodes.

Want to join? Click on the links below.

Join Now FAQ

Latest Videos

TV Recaps