EW Community TV Show Episode Guides and Recaps from EW's Community

UnderTheDome-DeanNorris-Full.jpg

Image Credit: Brownie Harris/CBS

'Upfront' and personal with Wilmywood TV

This week’s upfronts brought us some delicious surprises. We’ve waited patiently throughout this long winter for premiere dates and sneak peeks of newly minted television shows, and the networks did not disappoint. (I mean, with the exception of open-toed footwear, upfronts are the beacon of spring — in my mind, anyway.) Although the upfront parties raged in New York and Los Angeles (the main goal is to get advertising dollars, after all), let’s take a moment to reflect upon the TV magic that is happening here in Wilmington, North Carolina — or, as I like to call it, Wilmywood!

Sleepy Hollow

SH-PAS-R9-01_LY2The Fox upfronts were Monday, and their second annual Fox FanFront event exploded on Twitter (note to networks: if you want to create a social-media frenzy, invite your fans). What we learned: Sleepy Hollow has been renewed and is giving us five more episodes than last season, which I alluded to in April. Yep, 18 episodes of pure monster madness for season 2! Production began on May 5, and producer Ken Olin directed the premiere episode, titled “Hellfire.” Yes, I used past tense, as the Sleepyheads are currently working on episode 2×02, “The Kindred,” here in Wilmywood, featuring Timothy Busfield as Benjamin Franklin. Our founding father has a recurring role.

I spoke to Lyndie Greenwood, who plays Jenny Mills, last week at a charity event, and she was very happy to come back for season 2: “It’s so exciting to be a part of something that’s this big that I really believe in. It’s a beast, and it’s very rewarding when you finish an episode and sit back and watch it. But the work that we put into it to get there, yeah, it’s a lot of work.”

Now let me give you a little behind-the-scenes details: This show, like Lyndie said, is indeed a behemoth. They have a minimum of 350 local crew members working their tails off and killing it, especially in the construction and set-decoration departments. They are taking up about half of EUE/Screen Gems soundstages and the back lot. They are also building more sets in other locations. Plus, we see them around the streets in Wilmington every week, so get ready for some cool new sets and fresh locations this season! Sleepy Hollow will continue to air Mondays at 9 p.m., but this time we won’t have baseball to deal with, so episodes will be back-to-back (most of them, anyway).

Fox hasn’t put out a new promo yet; however, they are asking for your consideration for this year’s Emmys.

Secrets and Lies

On Tuesday, ABC had much to say about our newbie show, Secrets and Lies, starring Ryan Phillippe, Juliette Lewis and Natalie Martinez. The show centers around Ben Garner (Phillippe), who goes from a good family man to murder suspect after he discovers the body of his neighbor’s 4-year-old son in the woods. Detective Andrea Cornell (Lewis) digs for answers and uncovers the, you guessed it, secrets and lies of the town. This mystery thriller is based on the original Australian series that aired earlier this year.

135075_2UPr2cr_preABC shot the pilot in Wilmington in February. Even though the show had a 10-episode commitment, no one knew for sure if they would continue to film here. When ABC announced they would be returning, this town blew such a huge sigh of relief, we thought a hurricane was coming! I’m happy to report that they will be opening offices next month, and will shoot the remaining nine episodes starting in July. I am sure the ladies of Wilmington won’t mind spotting Ryan Phillippe on Wrightsville Beach this summer. Sorry, squirrel! Back to topic.

Secrets and Lies will have a midseason premiere in March 2015, with a 10 p.m. time slot. This series will be a little different in that it’s an anthology. Similar to American Horror Story or True Detective, every season will have a new case and suspect, which means a new cast. Whether they will have some cast members continue throughout the seasons, like Juliette Lewis’ detective character, for example, is unknown at this time.

Regardless, Wilmywood is very glad to have this cast back for the summer and fall. If you haven’t seen it yet, check out the promo:

Under the Dome

Now, where my Domies at? Wednesday brought us … well, not much. In fact, we already know everything we need to know about the CBS show. Under the Dome is gearing up for its June 30 premiere. Currently they’re shooting episode 8 and, like Sleepy Hollow, have added another soundstage. I think locals see Under the Dome cast and crew out and about more than any other show (I mean, how can you miss that scene pictured above, with Dean Norris?!).  The show is staying in its Monday-night 10 p.m. time slot.

While we are still waiting for a new promo to come out, here’s the promo they put out a while back.

That’s it for Wilmywood upfront news! It’s gonna be a very exciting summer, fall and mid-season. As always, I will keep you posted on all the behind-the-scenes action here in Wilmywood, so stay tuned!

You can find out more on your favorite shows by reading The Wilmywood Daily.

Advertisement

Here, EW superfans lead the conversation around TV shows. And there are so many shows to talk about! Our community contributors post and share throughout the week on latest episodes.

Want to join? Click on the links below.

Join Now FAQ

Latest Videos

From Our Partners

TV Recaps