In light of Rebekah Mikaelson’s (Claire Holt) recent and shocking departure on The Originals, we thought we’d honor our favorite, fierce Original with a list of reasons why we love her so darn much. But don’t stake yourself just yet! Even though we watched Rebekah take off in her convertible, accompanied by a smile on her face and hair whipping in the wind, Holt stated at PaleyFest 2014 that she thinks this is a “temporary hiatus.” We sure hope this is true and that we’ll be seeing her sooner rather than later. Look at us getting all sappy! OK, without further ado, let’s honor the fiercest vampire this side of the bayou.
1. Her hair. Just look at it! Whether it’s short, long, curly, straight or braided mid-10th century style, it’s always flawless.
2. She always has been, and always will be, an unabashed hopeless romantic. From Alexander to Stefan. From Matt to Marcel. Oh, and that threesome in Europe last summer. She just wants to be swept off her feet.
3. Her desire to see the best in people, especially her family. She can’t help but come back to the people she loves. Never mind that one time she tried to have her brother killed — that doesn’t count.
4. Rebekah is the definition of a “fierce woman.” She doesn’t take crap from any man (unless it’s Klaus), and she teaches us valuable life lessons, like when a strange dude in an underground New York nightclub caresses your face, slam him down to the ground using your brute, superhuman strength. Girl power!
5. She doesn’t take crap from women either. Think of it more as spreading her wisdom as part of her “most powerful female creature in the universe” duty.
6. How classy does she look in every single flashback? No matter which decade she’s kicking it in, Bex handles herself with grace, style and class.
7. Not only is she stunning, she has a mouth sharper than Papa Tunde’s enchanted knife-o-pain. Her quick wit has garnered her respect among the boys club of New Orleans. #NotJustAPrettyFace
8. If there’s one thing we know about Bex, it’s that she wears her heart on her sleeve. Some may call this weak, but we think it’s brave that she tells it how it is. You go, girl.
9. She has hot boyfriends. Like, lots of them.
10. She’s not just a vampire, she’s an Original vampire (aka one of the most powerful creatures in the world). Need we say more?
OK Bex fans, sound off! What do you love most about Rebekah Mikaelson? Leave your thoughts and comments below! Until next time … #FangsOut
You can read more from Liz and Lindi at TeamTSD.